Sunday, February 28, 2010
Thanks and Things
The charming Nicole Ducleroir was kind enough to give me the Blogger Buddie Award. (Thank you, again. It's very sweet.) If you've never been, you should run over and check her blog out.
I'm not sure how this award usually works, so I'm going to follow Nicole by stating five real things about my life.
1) When I'm on the computer, I put on movies I've already seen to play behind whatever I'm doing. I'm into background noise. I blame the schools I went to as a kid. Those places were never silent. (In the background right now -- War Inc.)
2) I'm keeping track of all the books I read this year for my goal of 50 books this year. I spend so much time reading articles or excerpted chapters that I don't feel like I read real books anymore. (The last book on the list -- Gang Leader for a Day.)
3) Right next to my feet is a post office box containing my To Read books. Currently, it's filling me with guilt, because I'm not getting through it as quickly as I would have hoped. (Thickest book in the box: The Crimson Petal and the White which I picked up from my hometown Used Book and Record Exchange.)
4) The other thing guilting me at the moment is my white-on board above my desk, which bears, at the moment, a completely inaccurate schedule, among other things. I swear I'm going to update that thing when I finish typing this post. I swear. (The only thing likely to stay: the quote from Douglas Adams "Don't Panic" on the top in purple).
5) What should I probably do when I finish typing this post? Read more of Great Expectations. And I will definitely do that, but I have a feeling I'm going to need another mug of tea before curling up with that. (How long will I get in Great Expectations before it sends me into another nap: hopefully, hopefully I'll make it 20 pages. Not to say I think this isn't a great book, because it's actually quite good, but sometimes it puts me to sleep.)
Now, it's my pleasure to pass this award onto others:
1) Susan Mills at A Walk in My Shoes
2)Lisa and Laura of Lisa and Laura Write fame.
3) Lady Glamis from The Innocent Flower
4) Roni Griffin the premier * Fiction Groupie *
5) The Girl with One Eye from A Squirrel Among Lions