Friday, February 5, 2010

Woah There. That Was Fast

Hey all. Sorry about my temporary absence from the blogosphere. Did you miss me? ;)

Life chose this week to come at me fast. I guess it's only fair, because it came at me rather slow in January, and the balance had to be restored.

It's a long story, but it involves maths, applications, and trying to sell myself (in the least prostitutional way), none of which I am particularly good with. Brilliant qualities in a potential querier, I know.

Interesting thing about life coming at you fast is that you learn very quickly what your priorities are. To make the deadlines and manage the unshiftable pieces of my life whilst getting enough sleep to keep up the brain function, I had to drop a few things.
  1. Exercise. Yep. That'll be coming back today, but I let that slide. And I don't feel too guilty about that one. Guess that's why it went first.
  2. Blogging. The interweb, it turns out, takes up a surprisingly huge portion of my day, and I had to redirect that to other areas. Not that I don't love y'all loads, but something had to give.
  3. Writing. Tragically, and this I do actually feel bad about, I let my writing and revising goals go to make time for the other stuff. I fully intend to make up all the time I lost though. It will be done. **Makes face of intense determination**
It was an intense week involving some careful schedule planning, but, I made it out alive, which is always a major plus.

It took me a good while to catch up on all the blogs I missed while going radio-silent. Turns out I follow A LOT of blogs (72, if you must know). So even two days turns into enough posts to fell a water buffalo.

I'm also glad to see a few new followers. Hello, guys and gals. Welcome to the blog. :D

That's all for now folks. Have to go back to managing the real world. A shame, I know. Have a fabulous Friday.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it through alive, Dominique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. life, man, it gets ya every time, doesn't it? Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'd give anything to follow 70 something blogs. I follow over 400. That's a little ridiculous, I know. But I don't comment on all of those.

    I hope everything is going okay? I know that blogging is the first thing to go when life comes fast at me. January was not good. At all.

    *hugs*

    Let me know if I can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were missed. I'm glad you survived the week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. I'm glad to hear you're on the other side; February has got to be better than January. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Piedmont -- Thanks. :)

    Daving -- Thanks. Alive is definitely my preferred outcome.

    Windy -- Yes, life has a way of coming for a person. Thanks.

    Glamis -- Thanks. You're very sweet. Golly, 400 blogs. I don't think I'd have time to breathe if I followed that many. I'm in awe of you.

    Susan -- Thanks. You have a great weekend, too.

    Sarahjayne -- Thanks. I concur. At this point, I think I'll just command February to be awesome. Maybe that'll work. :)

    ReplyDelete