Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pick-Up Lines

Once, a cousin and I joked about creating Ratethatpickupline.com. A quick glance way to see if someone's line was as cheesy and awful as you really thought it was. (Hey, sometimes a little perspective helps). The way I see it, we could have created a whole new list of wing man responsibilities. Right before someone makes a move, the wingman could bump up the stats on the line. ("Hey, I was gonna call you cheesy and reject you, but apparently that wasn't so bad.)

We never did create the site. It's probably for the best. Maybe we don't want to be giving people any ideas about really hideous pick up lines. Though that idea never quite took off, pick up lines can still provide a bit of humor in everyone's lives.

Here are some good pick-up line rejections:

Woman: Haven't I seen you someplace before?
Man: Yes, that's why I don't go there anymore.

Man: Your place or mine?
Woman: Both. You go to yours, and I'll go to mine.

Woman: Is this seat empty?
Man: Yes, and this one will be if you sit down.

Man: Hey baby, what's your sign?
Woman: Do not enter.

Do you have a personal favorite pick-up line or line-block?

6 comments:

  1. Man: Want to kill some time together?
    Woman: I feel the life going out of me already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man: How much does a polar bear weigh?
    Woman: I don't know.
    Man: Enough to break the ice.

    Definitely cheese but cute if you're in 5th grade. Maybe back in 1975.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any favorites but the (mostly terrible) Harry Potter pick-up lines definitely make me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the one that goes:
    I can see forever in your eyes.
    Shame - all I can see is never in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DL -- That's hilarious. :D

    Piedmont -- Ooh. I feel like that line is a Darwinian signal to potential partners. Still, it's cute in it's way.

    whatestrogen -- I don't believe I've ever heard any Harry Potter pickup lines. Which is sad for me.

    L.T. -- Thanks.

    Elaine -- That's pretty good. I'll have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete