Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday Analysis

(Inwardly, I cringe at the dullness of that title, except it's probably the most accurate.)

This week, I broke 20k!

This is, undoubtedly, the result of my Mini Goals, which, I am proud to say, I have been keeping. Mostly.

Okay, Thursday, I wrote basically nothing. I didn't have any ideas, so I needed to think. But, yesterday, I was ready to go, hop, skimp, and jump. I actually got caught up all the way, which made me feel incredible, even if it does not leave me feeling sleepy. (Why is it that the only ever time I feel I can get things done is at night?)

I can attribute this tremendous progress yesterday to one of two things: I have suddenly become a ferocious writer capable of spinning out 2500 words a day without trouble or the internet was down yesterday, so I couldn't be distracted. While I'd like to think it's the former, I think it would taste a lie to claim I've done more than recognized my chief time-vampire.

The internet? Really? A time-vampire? Actually, I'm not surprised, though I think I'll pretend I am. Not having the internet, though it pained me (I'm a bit of a web junkie), did free up a lot of time and creative juices for my writing. It's almost enough to make me want to encourage my sister to take up internet scrabble again, so as to permanently block my access to the computer. Almost.

How was your week? What's your time-vampire?

1 comment:

  1. The internet is a huge theif of my time! I try to keep it in control, but I'll admit, I'm addicted! :) I get much more writing done if I'm away from the computer.

    ReplyDelete