Monday, August 31, 2009

August

I've heard some pretty interesting things about the month of August (ie: It should be abolished, because people commit crimes in August. No lie, I've heard that. Personally, I think if we called it Kittens instead, there'd still be crime. But, who knows, I could be wrong.) But, this post isn't about that. Just me, in August.

My goal for August was to finish my first draft of my WIP. I figured I get it all typed up in September and that everything would be swell. Yeah, that didn't happen.

I'm close. At least, I'm sort of close. See, I figured the book would take about 50k words. Well, that was a fail. See, I didn't figure on some subplots going on that suddenly appeared, so it's looking like it'll edge closer to 55K or so. Minimum, because I ended up about 2 chapters or so from the end.

Right now, it's about 47K. I probably would have done better, but my plans were interrupted by my move to Undisclosed Location. See, I totally forgot to factor in packing. My bad. Will do better next time.

Yep, that's right. I've moved. I am now somewhere else, which should be interesting. I've never really moved before, at least not that I remember. So, this has been a new experience. So far, so good. I'll keep you posted. :D

1 comment:

  1. You should be proud of coming that close to reaching your goal. You'll get it done, just maybe not in August.

    ReplyDelete