Friday, August 7, 2009

Julie/Julia

Today, I saw the movie Julie/Julia. I absolutely loved it. I must admit, I did not read the book, but I did have my sister, who loved the book, next to me to intone her opinions about the differences between the two at semi-regular intervals.

I liked very much the interplay between Julia Child's life and that of Julie Powell. According to my sister, a stickler for detail in some things, there was less Child in the book than in the movie. But, then again, I that's probably why they said the movie was based both on Julie Powell's memoirs and a Julia Child biography.

Maryl Streep was adorable, and Amy Adams did a great job of turning a woman I couldn't find interesting (I did give the memoir the old college try but just couldn't get into it) into a character I found myself rooting for by the end.

All in all: A+

Also, there were some moments in the film portraying Powell's experience as a blogger that I think those who blog will appreciate very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment