Today, I'd like to thank the charming Karen Gowen for giving me the Beautiful Blogger Award. Thanks. You're much too kind. :)
Now, I'm not entirely clear what the rules are, but I believe I'm supposed to post seven interesting things about my life. Not sure how easy that'll be, but I'll give it a go.
1) I have a twin. Okay, you probably already knew that (I call her The Other One when I mention her on the blog). Still, I consider it interesting, and it's what I've got.
2) I have a thing about languages. I like being able to speak them, and I definitely geek out about grammar, implicit meanings, that sort of thing. We've heard me geek out about Chinese.
3) I aspire to one day read the all the plays of William Shakespeare. The Other One has, but I have not, and I feel like a somewhat deficit English-lit-geek if I haven't read more, so I plan to get right on that soon. Besides, Shakespeare's my homeboy. ;)
4) Once, in my younger days, I went to Chile with my parents. Whilst going through customs, I set my purse on the floor and forgot it. I didn't realize until we'd passed through. So, without my passport, any knowledge of Spanish, or a word to my parents, I sprinted back through customs to get my purse and then ran back to my parents. No one stopped me, but my parents were less than pleased.
5) My mother's side of the family are Canadians, so I've been there a lot. I'd characterize Canada as the much more chill version of the US. I love America. But Canada will always have a special place in my heart, and near as I can tell, it is more chill.
6) On the Canada side of things, I have, at least once, convinced people of all the following things: Canada used to use the 25 hour clock but recently switched to 24 hours, which makes my life easier; in Canada, on July 1st, we all come together as a nation to heard beavers into the Plain Provinces, where we club them on the head, and eat them; in Canada, people get around on bobsleds, and the cars you see people in are borrowed from the government to go south of the border.
7) Despite never having worked as an actor professionally, I have appeared on stage in three states, and I hold membership in the International Thespian Society.
Sharing the Love:
Susan Mills for her funny blogs and fabulous shoes
Tamara Heiner who makes me smile. :)
Elana Johnson for her entertaining style and informative blog
Nicole Ducleroir who keeps things interesting
Stephanie Thornton for her creative and entertaining posts
Lisa and Laura Roecker who are one of my favorite sister-sister teams.
Tiana Smith for being interesting, sweet, and awesome enough to make pink seem cool.