Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

2010!

Hello All, and Welcome to a Glorious New Year. A new year is great, isn't it? It's all spiffy, and new, and full of promise and potential. Well, I'm jazzed at ready to go. :)

Well, let's see, I wouldn't be me if I didn't start listing a bunch of goals for the new year. You know me, I'm a Goal Girl. Well, let's see...
  1. Write 500 words a day until I finish Miss Snitch. I'm not sure how long that will make it take, especially since I hope to write more than 500 a day. Still, that's the goal, and I'm not going to let myself bite off more than I can chew.
  2. Read 50+ books this year. Yes, I know, there are a great many people intending to read 100+ books this year. But, as I said, I don't want to go biting off more than I can chew. One book a week is plenty of work for me, thanks.
  3. Related to note 2, finish Emma by the end of January, for the love of Zeus. It's been my back-burner book since about October, and it's getting ridiculous. So, I am moving up to front and center now, thank the heavens.
  4. Of course, I'm preserving the old goals of posting five times a week, never fear. I know how thrilled you'll all be to see the return of the regular posting schedule. ;) And I'll be keeping the old goal of only going on blogger twice a day, to keep be from spending my whole day hooked to my laptop, tempting as that thought might be.
For the sake of your boredom levels, and the fact that you probably have a lot more interesting things you could be doing than hearing about my life, fascinating though it is, I'll spare you the other, personal, non-book related goals. Those involve icky, disgusting things like exercise, and who really wants to think about topics like that.

I hope everyone is having a happy New Year, and is super-psyched for 2010!

Having a happy New Year, are we? Anyone else make any interesting/demanding/unusual/writing-related/fun resolutions?

7 comments:

  1. It seems we both woke on the same side of the proverbial bed this morning. As we were both writing our goals (I called them resolutions) separately, somehow they became the same. It must be the universal mind again at work.
    Good luck with everything, including the exercise. (Me too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piedmont -- Yes, the universal mind. That's probably it. Thanks for the luck. For some of the goals, I'll probably need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good goals. I'm afraid to post mine on my blog because I'm pretty sure they'll be broken by Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Dominique! I like your goals. I think it's great that you set actual numbers. It took me a long to figure that one out. Good luck with all of them. I don't know what my own writing goals are at the moment. I need to figure that out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen -- I prefer to post mine on my blog, because I think it helps.

    Davin -- Thanks. Numbers are useful for me, because they're something I can check off on a list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals. Very smart of you to set realistic ones so that you don't overwhelm yourself. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roni -- Thanks. Good luck with your goals as well.

    ReplyDelete