Saturday, September 19, 2009

One Among Many

I recently bit the bullet and subscribed to Netflix. I always figured I don't watch enough movies to merit that fact. However, since I now live a considerable distance from a movie theater or video rental place and where the library has developed a sorting system used nowhere else in the known universe, I've discovered that it has its uses.

Well, I have also realized that I greatly enjoy its Instant Watch feature. So, don't be surprised if for a while, a number of my posts reflect back to movies.

But, for the moment, I'm sort of fascinated by one of Netflix's features. When you're reading reviews posted by other users, it will tell you how similar that viewers tastes are to yours based on what other movies that they have watched and liked.

So far, I've only found one other viewer whose opinion correlated to mine to something greater than 70%. A handful of 50%. Generally, most people only seem to line up to me around 22%. (Yeah, I'm basically skipping those reviews, or doing the opposite.) I guess that means I'm unique.

How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I don't use Netflix, but that sounds like a pretty cool feature. As far as being unique goes, well, I'd like to think I am somewhat different. Maybe I'll have to subscribe to Netflix just to find out. :)

    ReplyDelete