Saturday, June 19, 2010

This Amused Me

Until recently, my answer, when asked if I've ever read the Lord of the Rings trilogy, was, "I slept through half of it." See, my first exposure to the trilogy occurred when I watched the movies. Then, after that, my parents bought the books on CD, and we listened to them during a drive to Canada. (In case you didn't know, drives to Canada can take a while and get boring. And we did them a lot.) Well, I have a habit of sleeping in cars. So, I missed things.

Anyway, to rectify that situation, I've located those CDs and am now working my way through the books. It's been an interesting experience, especially considering the parts that weren't in my memory and which I believe I had a REM cycle through.

So, when my friend sent me a LOTR related joke, it made me laugh. It made me laugh, so I'm affixing it. Enjoy. (For better viewing, click here.)





















For the record, while I'd love to be this impressive, I'd never be able to pull this off for one of my books. Still, as far as I'm concerned, that's mad awesome. :-)

3 comments:

  1. The visual maps were phenomenal - I had great fun once I worked out how to enlarge them ;)
    May some one map your WIP soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine -- I'm glad you found them interesting. I'm not gonna deny it, if someone made one for my book, I'd be very flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah. That's intense right there. Hahaha, I never thought about how complex the character interaction of LotR was until today (when you're immersed in the book you don't stop to think about these things I guess :D)

    ReplyDelete