Saturday, June 26, 2010

An Obligatory Icarian Reference

Once upon a time, I attended a theater festival and spent an afternoon watching plays written by teen aspiring playwrights. These were actually some very incredible pieces. However, of the four presented, three had an Icarus and Daedalus streak a mile wide in them. Maybe one of the judges for the selected works had a thing for Greek myths, but even Greek myth loving me found that a tad surprising. Honestly, most teens I know aren't into Greek myths. Still, I can now no longer see an Icarus reference without thinking of Lincoln, Nebraska. (Go, Cornhuskers!)

Still, even if you've never set foot in a square state, this should amuse you. Especially if you've got a thing for Greek mythology. (Admit it, secretly, you do. Athena is your home girl. You know it.)
I promise I have never done this to anyone. That I know of.




No comments:

Post a Comment