Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Once A Witch

This weekend, I considered sleeping and getting productive work done. Instead, I read Once A Witch by Carolyn MacCullough. (And this, my friends, is why I don't keep fiction around me. I never get anything done when I have books on hand.)

Anyway, I really liked this book. I'm not sure how many stars I'd give it, because I'm not usually inclined to giving reviews, so I don't actually have a star system worked out in my head. Suffice it to say, I would definitely recommend the book to a friend. Which is why I'm posting about it over here. It was that good.

Over all thoughts: I found the story compelling. There were times when I wasn't thinking, 'This is fantastic,' but I somehow still couldn't make myself put the book down. Heck, it over road my desire to sleep, and that is quite a feat. The romantic aspects were sweet and not overdone. The characters were colorful and believable. Even the magic made sense and worked well in the story.

Age considerations: This book seems pretty female oriented and falls under the heading of YA. It still works for those somewhat older than YA and somewhat younger than YA, as well. I don't think it necessarily has gender crossover, but I've read girlier books, and I've seen guys read girlier things, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment