Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Massive Revisions

Okay, I never thought I'd have to say this about my writing, but I'm scared of it. Right now, I'm actually fricking petrified at the thought of touching my MS.

Why?

A few months back, I shelved a project. It was very, very troubled, and I didn't know how to help it. So, I decided to run away to other things.

Except, now, I know how to fix it. I think I've found what it needs to be significantly better. And I still running away, far and fast.

Why?

I'm scared. It's still really troubled -- and will remain so until I finally unpack my machete -- and that's really daunting. I guess I'll have to do it eventually. I'm just really wimping out right now. Oh, the shame.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! I am currently terrified of my book, too. It's a terrible feeling. I sharpen my weapons in the meantime...

    ReplyDelete