Thursday, May 28, 2009

Done!

I have officially completed the process of writing what I am now thinking of as version4.0 of my formerly shelved MS. This makes me very happy, even if doing all of my changes made me want to beat my head against the wall.

I realized something I'd forgotten. Writing this story was cool, wonderful, crazy, and stressful. I inserted a subplot into the story, so I was writing something that I hadn't written in a good long time. I'd almost forgot the happy feeling I get I write a really cute scene or the stress of finding the right way of describing something I've only previously imagined.

'Wait' hisses the voice in my brain. 'You're writing right now, aren't you? You're in the middle of something else, too. Two something elses.' I discovered on this that writing in a notebook and typing are two very different feelings for me. But that's a discussion for another time.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts about writing by hand and on a computer. Congratulations on finishing!

    ReplyDelete