Monday, July 20, 2009

Good News

:D

Today, I received a request for a full on a query I sent out at the end of February. I'd written the letter off as a no-response. I'm not counting any chickens, but it did take a minute or two for my heart rate to return to normal.

Only one, obvious, tiny, little baby little hiccup: I don't have an author bio. There's nothing to say about me. I've been leaving it off the query letters. What does one say when one has no credentials? I have a feeling that, at this point, they might actually be expecting a paragraph.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the full request! I will keep my fingers crossed for you :).

    Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about credentials. If you have them, great. If not, I'm sure there are agents who've accepted writers who don't have a long list of publications.

    Good luck :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I also got a full request today, and it just made my night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the full request! Congratulations! And, that means that your query was fine as is for this agent. They'll look at the book now, so I wouldn't worry about your bio. If you HAVE to put something down, maybe think about what other expertise you have that connects you with your book's subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on this and the best of luck. I think having a bio is important. You can look at other sites/blogs and get an idea of what to include. It does not have to be long. I recommend checking out the bio on "Kristi Holl", her website is www.kristiholl.com and her blog is Writer's First Aid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for full requests!!!! And, don't sweat the bio. If they didn't specifically ask for it, you've got time to figure it out :D

    ReplyDelete