Tuesday, June 30, 2009

WOW

Yesterday, I was working on Chapter 6 of WIP1 (God, I really need to name these) and as I rounded off a section I thought, 'Why is she sneaking off home? She could totally meet up with Admon along the way and that could be really interesting.'

So, instead of doing something with that thought, I stuck a post-it note in there for my alpha reader to ask what her thoughts would be for such a moment. Then, today whilst reading a post about writer's block, I thought 'You know, it's a pity you couldn't think of something to do with that one idea. Because that could really have gone somewhere neat.'

And then I had an epiphany. (Ooohhh, Hook moment. "'Lightning just struck my brain.' 'That must have hurt.'") All of a sudden, I knew what I could do with that. (I should probably write it down before I forget about it.)

Weird, huh? Has this ever happened to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment