I know it's been a long time since I posted anything, and there are no excuses, and I should be ashamed of myself for neglecting this blog and my online compatriots. I just got bogged down with work, the play I was working on, and my own writing. There have been some interesting developments -- I've started working with short stories as a medium, which has produced some interesting results -- and some less interesting developments -- which I'll spare you, because they aren't worth talking about.
It's coming down to the end of the year, and I thought I'd turn my gaze back to some of those resolutions I made at the start of the year to see how that all went. Do y'all remember all the things your swore to do at the start of the year? I know I had to go dig mine up to remember them all.
- Edit and revise Thief Book, Cordamant's Heir, and Legal Aliens. I actually did this one. I revised all three texts majorly. I have since moved away from the Thief Book, but I'm definitely going to devote some more time in the new year to doing even more work with Cordamant's Heir.
- Mini Goal: Edit 1k words a day. Pretty sure that's how the above was accomplished, so I'll call this one a success as well. So far, we are (2/2)
- Read 65+ books this year. I'm still working on this one, but I have high hopes for it. I only have 1 book to go, and I'm currently powering through The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo so that I'll have it done before we go see the movie. So, that gives me four days. I think I'll have that done.
- Read Complete Works of William Shakespeare. While I made great strides with this one, I have not completed it. I still have nine plays to go on this front, and I honestly don't think I'll be able to finish this one up in time. Even if I do count only watching the plays instead of reading them.
- Read the Bible cover to cover. This got nowhere near accomplished. I read a good hundred pages or so, but there's only so behind in this sort of project you can get before you have to cut your losses and run. I basically gave up on this one in around March. So, basically, we're at (3/5).
- Post 3 times a week. Most likely MWF, but we'll see. I think we all know this one went completely to hell some time around September. Trying to resurrect it and my self-respect as a blogger. My most abject apologies.
- Get back into the blogosphere and read more blogs. See above.
That brings my year long total to (3/7). Not my best work, I'll have to admit. So, next year, I'll have to take some serious consideration before I immediately decide to bite off more than I can chew.
Then again, you know, I like dreaming big. I like reaching for a little (sometimes a lot) more than I can possibly achieve. Because, you know, that's the only way I'm ever going to get more than I ever thought I could. If I still try for it.
So, really, 3/7 completed isn't my best score yet. But I made a lot of progress on all fronts, even the ones that didn't look so good at the end or didn't turn out to be everything I'd hoped. And you know what, it's been a pretty great year.
How's your year been, mes amis?