Friday, August 20, 2010

A Haiku Blogfest

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am participating in the Haiku Blogfest started by Stephanie Thornton. And you should, too. You know why?

Haikus are awesome,
Even if they don't make sense.
Refrigerator

(I stole that from a t-shirt.)

I wrote my haiku about the character DiSpirito from The Thief Book. Don't judge me too much on the poetry.

An open Catholic.
A mother to pickpockets.
Wanted housebreaker.

It should be noted, I am bad at haikus, but I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

    And that refrigerator haiku is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie -- My pleasure. I'm enjoying reading the others as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, the first one was awesome. ;]

    The second even better. I loved the contradiction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your haiku makes me really interested in knowing more about your character and her story! So I would consider that a job well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the refrigerator haiku! Too funny.

    After reading your haiku, I'm totally curious to know more about DiSpirito - which is exactly what you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the refrigerator one! But your actual one is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never heard the first one before...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your haiku- it says a lot about your character in so few words. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda -- Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you enjoyed.

    Amalia -- I'm glad it piqued your interest. :) I've been writing her a while, and I still find DiSpirito interesting.

    J.A.S -- Thanks. The refrigerator one is secretly how I remember how to write haikus.

    Mark -- I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    Steph -- Thanks. And thanks for creating the blogfest. I had a great time trying to fit her into the right number of syllables.

    RaShelle -- Glad you liked it. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete